We are is an early-stage venture-funded start-up. We build enterprise software for supervising and correcting systems in production.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to architect and build a great product as our first employee. You will be working closely with the founding team. Our expertise is in leveraging business information, exploiting data, and prototyping data solutions. Your expertise comes in to complement the team: you will be responsible for product development from the software and data engineering side: from designing engineering processes, brainstorming with the founders, through prototyping and first implementation to architectural choices and frameworks. You will have the ownership and the decision making power to shape everything that lies between product and research. As we grow we expect you to grow with us. We envision your path may grow your position into VP of engineering or similar.
We are an early-stage startup, and so you will wear many hats and be expected to do what’s needed for the company to succeed, including working on things that you don’t know anything about and at weird times from time to time — we all are. You will have the opportunity to get meaningfully involved in the areas of product, engineering, hiring, and people management among others.
We value freedom with responsibility, transparency, and a growth mindset. We believe in generating our own luck by trying out new stuff, always asking, constantly learning, reading, and meeting new people with different world-views. We value trying new things, and appreciate that from time to time things may break in the process. Working with us you will have full autonomy to make impactful decisions and prioritize and organize your work the way you see fit.
Possibility of the business trip to Portugal/Belgium in future, when the world will be more stable after corona pandemic
– You significantly contributed to building an early-stage product
– You have experience working with data (such as ML systems, big data, or building data-heavy products like BI tools)
– Great communication skills in English – both oral and written
– You are extremely proactive, independent, and comfortable with proposing new ideas — and holding your ground when you believe you are right.
– Strong experience with Python in back-end development, infrastructure or data engineering
– 5+ years working as a Software Engineer or in a similar role
– You live in or are willing and able to relocate to EU time zones
– You were the first engineer or the lead engineer in a venture-funded startup
– Experience with data engineering tools and containerization
– Experience using system monitoring tools and automated testing frameworks
– Experience building enterprise-grade software
– Significant experience with on-premise deployment and integration with enterprise IT systems.
– Basic familiarity with Machine Learning
– Masters degree in a STEM-related field
– Fully Remote Working Environment
– 23+ Days of Planned Leave Annually
– Paid sick leave and private healthcare plan
– We support paid parental leave
– Home office, work and well-being allowances (for yoga, gym, etc.), and other nice benefits
– Stock option plan
If you`re interested in vacancy, please send your CV